Head of Department
Dr.Minakshi P.Atre (View Profile)
“AI is THE NEW ELECTRICITY. Just as electricity transformed almost everything 100 years ago, today I actually have a hard time thinking of an industry that I don’t think AI will transform in the next several years.”
— Andrew Ng, Co-Founder at Coursera
As the Head of the Department of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Engineering, I Dr Minakshi Pradeep Atre take pride to welcome you to the forefront of technological innovation and academic excellence. In an era defined by the rapid evolution of information technology, the fusion of artificial intelligence and data science has emerged as a transformative force, shaping industries, redefining problem-solving methodologies, and opening up new frontiers of discovery.
Our department is committed to fostering a dynamic learning environment that nurtures creativity, critical thinking, and interdisciplinary collaboration. In the realm of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data Science, the possibilities are limitless, and our dedicated faculty members are at the vanguard of cutting-edge research and pedagogical approaches. We aim to equip our students with the knowledge, skills, and ethical considerations necessary to navigate this ever-evolving landscape.
As we embark on our educational journey with our department, students will not only be exposed to state-of-the-art technologies but also be challenged to explore the ethical implications and societal impacts of their work. Our students agree that their journey with us started playing real games and provided them a glimpse of artificial intelligence. AI and Data Science are powerful tools that, when wielded responsibly, have the potential to address some of the most pressing challenges facing our world today.
We encourage our students to embrace the spirit of curiosity and innovation that defines our department. Engage with your peers, collaborate with our esteemed faculty, and leverage the myriad resources at your disposal. Together, let us push the boundaries of what is possible, contributing to advancements that transcend academia and have tangible positive effects on society.
We are confident that our students' journey through the Department of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Engineering will be intellectually stimulating and personally rewarding.
We look forward to witnessing the remarkable contributions from all the stakeholders that will undoubtedly emanate from the collective talent and passion within our department.
Welcome to a future where data-driven insights and intelligent algorithms shape the world. Embrace the challenges, seize the opportunities, and let your journey with us be nothing short of transformative. Sincerely,
PVG’s COET & GKPIM Pune
Artificial Intelligence and Data Science DepartmentGlobal trend in technology adoption has indicated Artificial Intelligence and Data Science (AI and DS) as one of the preferred computing platform. Business models across industries are becoming more and more data driven paving the path for adoption of AI. Industry is relying on AI and DS like never before to understand their end customer and meet their needs.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is an integrated approach which enables computer or computer controlled robots to simulate problem solving and decision making process in a predefined context. The AI solutions are highly reliable and scalable. Proximity of approach to human intelligence makes it a preferred choice. AI systems help us manage, model, and analyze complex systems.
The field of Data science (DS) is about the collection, management, analysis and interpretation of large amounts of data with a wide range of applications. This field involves many different disciplines and tools, including statistical inference, domain knowledge (expertise), Machine Learning, data visualization, experiment design, and communication.
Advent of Industry 4.0 has showcased the synergistic integration of various established faculties of knowledge and technology. AI and DS play a very important role in this context. AI and DS being interdisciplinary branch, this program will focus on creating fundamental knowledge components constituting this domain. Students aspiring to be part of this interdisciplinary domain will benefit from the opportunity to learn and explore various cutting edge technologies. Keeping pace with the ever-changing context of technology, visionary leadership of PVGCOET & GKPIM, Pune has decided to introduce a full time, four year under graduate course specializing in Artificial Intelligence and Data Sciences (AI & DS) from Academic Year 2021-2022 with the intake capacity of 60 seats. The Department will be fully functional from A.Y. 2022-2023.
Vision of the Department -- “To become a centre of excellence for education in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science with holistic development approach”.
Mission of the department –
- To create a research based educational ecosystem by adopting interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approach.
- To impart fundamental and advanced engineering knowledge to provide sustainable solutions to the industry and other stakeholders.
- To nurture social and ethical values in students for the progress of society and nation.
Program Education Objectives --
- PEO1: Apply problem solving skills to address the societal and environmental issues.
- PEO2: Practice Ethical AI and become Responsible Data Scientist.
- PEO3: Embrace lifelong learning to accommodate fast paced technical world of Artificial Intelligence.
- PEO4: Exhibit interpersonal and intra-personal skills to become a leader in the domain of AI&DS.
Engineering Graduate will be able to…
PO1: Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, Engineering fundamentals, and an Engineering specialization to the solution of complex Engineering problems.
PO2: Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex Engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics natural sciences, and Engineering sciences.
PO3: Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex Engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and Environmental considerations.
PO4: Conduct Investigations of Complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5: Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern Engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex Engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6: The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7: Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional Engineering solutions in societal and Environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the Engineering practices.
PO9: Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex Engineering activities with the Engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11: Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary Environments.
PO12: Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Program Specific Outcomes –
AI&DS Engineering graduate will
- PSO1: Demonstrate proficiency in collecting, cleaning, and analyzing diverse datasets using state-of the-art tools and techniques
- PSO2: Exhibit the machine learning expertise and deep learning competency to design and train neural networks for various applications
- PSO3: Adhere to professional standards and ethical principles in their AI and data science work, respecting data privacy, confidentiality, and intellectual property rights
|Sr. No.||Name of the Staff||Designation||Qualification||Years of Experience|
|1||Dr.Mrs.M.P.Atre||Head of Department||PhD(Electronics) ME(E&TC- Signal Processing) BE (Electronics)||22 years|
|2.||Prof.Mrs.V.A.Kanade||Assistant Professor||M.Tech(IT) Ph.D.(Pursuing)||20 years|
|3||Prof.Mrs.S.S.Shingade||Assistant Professor||ME(Computer Engg)||10 years|
|4||Prof.Ms.P.G.Bangale||Assistant Professor||ME (CSE)||Industry: 1 year Teaching: 1 year|
|5||Prof.Mrs.Madhura Paranjpe||Assistant Professor||M.E.(Electronics- Digital Systems)||5 years|
|6||Prof.Mrs.S.S.Chitale||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.(CSE)||11 years|
- Expert Session on “C++ Programming for Logical Thinking: Improve Coding" by Mr.Adwait Bhope was organized on 22nd September 2022 for Second Year students. The objective of organizing this session was to create awareness among the students about the importance of computer programming, to explore various programming language constructs, to enable them to think logically to improve the coding ability for the computer programming. The programming language focused during the expert session was C++.
- Guest session on “Environmental Studies” of Ms. Isha Bhate was organized on 7th December 2022. Ms.Isha Bhate is founder of Anjani Ecological Solutions, an associate at Oikos for Ecological services. The main objectives of conducting this session was to impart basic knowledge about the environment and its allied problems, to create the awareness about the environmental problems among students and to develop an attitude of concern for the environment.
- Expert Session on “OpenGL" of Prof.Mrs.S.A.Deshpande, Asst.Prof., IT Department, PVG’sCOET & GKPIOM, Pune was organized on 28th September 2022. The main objectives of conducting this session was to make student aware of Open Graphics Library, to use OpenGL for generating interactive graphics.
Career OpportunitiesExpertise in AI and DS enhances the employability of undergraduate engineers and opens doors to widespread opportunities like:
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Application Development Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Research Scientist
- Product Analyst
- System Analyst
- AI Consultant