- Head of Department
- About Department
- Faculty Activities
- Students Achievements
- Guest Lectures
- Departmental Events
- FE Induction Program
- Result Analysis
- Major Portfolios
- Faculty Publications
Head of Department
Head of the Department
Prof. Mrs. Waghmare Anjali Suresh
BEd.(Science & Maths), ) M.Sc.(Polymer Chemistry, B.Sc(Chemistry)
Experience : 24 years
If four things are followed -having a great aim, acquiring knowledge, hard work and perseverance -then anything can be achieved”—By APJ Abdul Kalam. Dear students, I believe on this Inspirational and Motivational Quote by Missile Man APJ Abdul Kalam sir. Engineering education contributes an extraordinary share in the overall education system of which first year is the most important step which connects students previous gained knowledge to the forth coming Engineering Education. We feel proud to provide quality education of Engineering Sciences at First Year to students through experienced and qualified faculty, excellent infrastructural facilities, well equipped laboratories.
Further, we provide opportunities for exposure to co-curricular activities through FE Student Induction Program and platforms such as Science Forum, Eco-club. The most important Online education tool- Virtual labs connect our students to eminent faculties from all over India through their designed experiments.
Department of First Year EngineeringThe Department has sanctioned intake of 540 students. The department have qualified faculties with one Ph. D, one M. Phil, experienced and dedicated teaching staff. Department emphasizes on effective teaching learning process with excellent environment. Department has well equipped laboratories as per the curriculum of SPPU.
|FE Branch||Sanctioned Intake|
|E & TC Engineering||120|
|Artificial Intelligence and Data Science||60|
“The vision of the Department is to strive for excellence in teaching and research, with an emphasis on integrated learning based on curiosity and queries.
The mission of the Department is to impart fundamental knowledge of sciences and Engineering to students from diverse backgrounds and to equip them with good ethical values so as to become responsible citizens for the betterment of society”
Academic and Co-curricular activities for all first year admitted engineering students is conducted and coordinated through the Department of First Year Engineering. The Head of the Department coordinates the activities with the help of FE Academic, Time-Table, Exam and Subject Coordinators as well as Class Teachers, Mentors, subject teachers and Class Representatives.
The Departmental Induction Program Coordinators takes efforts to conduct FE Induction Program for newly admitted students which is a major initiative by AICTE, a three-week mandatory induction program, two weeks in the beginning of first semester and one week in second semester. It helps the students to feel comfortable in their new environment, set a healthy daily routine, create bonding among students and faculties.
|Sr. No.||Name of the Staff||Designation||Qualification||Years of Experience|
|1||Prof Mrs.A. S. Waghmare||Assistant Professor HOD First Year Department||M Sc. Chemistry B. Ed||24|
|2||Prof. Mr. Rajeev Singh||Associate Professor in Mathematics||M Sc. Maths. M. Phil||33|
|3||Prof. Mrs. A. S. Mirashi||Asst. Professor in Engg. Physics||M Sc. Physics D.D.E.M||25|
|4||Prof. Mrs. S. V. Joshi||Asst. Professor in Civil Engineering||M.E. Civil- Const & Mgmt.||24|
|5||Dr. Mrs. S. G. Ghatte||Asst. Professor in Engg. Chemistry||M Sc. Chemistry PhD, SET||15|
|6||Prof. Mrs. V.S. Samant||Asst.Professor in Civil Engineering.||MTech Civil– Const. & Mgmt.||24|
|7||Prof. Mrs.R. Ghosh||Asst. Professor in Engg. Physics||M Sc. Physics NET||14|
|8||Prof. Mr. M. S. Kore||Asst. Professor in Civil Engineering||MTech-Civil||17.5|
|9||Prof. Mrs. L. D. Sovani||Asst .Professor in Electrical Engg.||ME Electrical Power System||17|
|10||Prof. Mr.A.S. Sawant||Asst. Professor in Engg. Math||M Sc.-Maths B.Ed||7|
|11||Prof. Mr. R. M. Mohite||Asst .Professor in Engg Math||M Sc.-Maths||6|
|12||Prof. Miss. K. A. Jangavali||Asst.Professor in Mechanical Engg||ME-Mech||8|
|13||Prof. Mr. D. R. Irole||Asst.Professor in Mathematics||M Sc.Maths ,B.Ed,SET||8|
|14||Prof. Ms. N. G. Patil||Asst .Professor in Mechanical Engg||M.Tech. -Thermal Engineering||3|
|15||Prof. Mrs. V. A. Kokane||Asst Professor in Electronic & Telecommunication||ME(E&TC) NET||3|
|16||Prof. Mr. L. P. Puranik||Asst Professor in Mechanical Engineering||ME -Heat Power Engineering||27|
|17||Prof. Mr. R. M. Narkar||Asst Professor in Electrical Engineering||ME(ELECTRICAL CONTROL SYSTEM)S||20|
|18||Prof. Mr. S .S. Patil||Asst. Professor in E&TC Department||MTech - Microwave||15|
|19||Prof. Mrs. R. A. Girme||Asst. Professor in Electronics & Telecommunication||ME -VLSI & Embedded||15.5|
|20||Prof.Mr.R.V.Vichare||Asst. Professor in Mechanical Department||MS -Solar Energy Engineering||6|
|21||Prof.Mr.G.R.Dinde||Asst. Professor in Mechanical Department||MTech - Production||2.11|
|22||Prof.M.S.Jagtap||Asst.Professor in Mathematics||M Sc.Maths ,B.Ed,SET||1.5|
|23||Prof.Mrs.A.S.Kale||Asst. Professor in Engg. Physics||Msc,M.Phil Ph.D (Pursuing)||15|
|24||Prof.Mrs.G.S.Bedekar||Asst Professor in Mechanical Engineering||M.Tech (Design),Ph.D (Pursuing)||3.9|
|25||Prof.Ms.Sonia S.Ganu||Asst. Professor in Engg. Chemistry||M.sc. - Analytical Chemistry||2|
|26||Prof.Mrs.R.S.Pakankar||Asst .Professor in Mechanical Engg||M.E. -Design||9|
|27||Prof.Mrs.R..Ambike -Zade||Asst. Professor in Environmental Engineering||M.E. - Environmental Engineering||16|
|Sr.No.||Title of the Professional Development Program||Name of Teaching staff||Total Number of teachers who attended||Duration From -To|
|Academic Year: 2022-2023|
|1||"LabVIEW for Engineers"||Prof.N.G.Patil Prof.L.P.Puranik Prof.N.A.Kalel Prof. R. M. Narkar||04||26th-28th May, 2023|
|2||“Inculcating Universal Human Value in technical Education”||Prof.N.G.Patil Prof.N.A.Kalel Prof.A.S.Sawant Prof. D.R.Irole Prof. V. D. Kokane Prof. Mayuresh Jagtap Prof.R.V.Vichare Mr. P. R. Gadgil||07||3rd – 5th April, 2023|
|3||Workshop on Human Rights, Indian Judiciary System and the Constitution of India||Prof.N.G.Patil Prof.L.P.Puranik Prof.R.V.VichareProf.Laxmi D.Sovani||04||18th January, 2023|
|4||Workshop on "Robo-Analyzer Simulation softrware"||Prof.N.G.Patil Prof.N.A.KalelProf.Komal Jangavali||03||2nd December, 2022|
|5||FDP on ,Recent Trends in Automation andRobotics||Prof.N.G.PatilProf.Komal Jangavali||02||25th – 26th November, 2022|
|6||Implementation of National education policy 2020: Industry and Institute inkage||Prof.N.G.PatilProf.Komal JangavaliProf.N.A.Kalel||03||10th – 11th February, 2023|
|7||Recent Advances and Challenges in Electric,||Prof.N.G.Patil||01||27th - 31st January, 2023|
|Hybrid and Fuel-Cell Vehicles|
|8||Online awareness Program on "SPIT free India movement"||Prof.N.G.Patil||01||18th May, 2023|
|9||Webinar on, Latest research in polymer blend basednanocomposites & metallic nanostructuresfor biomedical sensors and optoelectronics||Prof.N.G.Patil||01||18th December, 2022|
|10||Webinar on , One of the Top QS Ranking University forEngineering in Taiwan & Asia||Prof.N.G.Patil||01||11th December, 2022|
|11||Webinar on,Application based Program on AdvExcel, Power Point and Word||Prof.N.G.Patil||01||7th to 28th November, 2022|
|12||Webinar on , Business Analytics using Power BI & Tableau||Prof.N.G.Patil||01||2nd – 20th January, 2023|
|13||2019 course Implementation and faculty developmentprogram||Prof.N.A.Kalel||01||1st – 8th August, 2022|
|14||Syllabus implementation workshop for the subjectof "Computer Integrated Manufacturing"||Prof.R.V.Vichare Prof.N.A.Kalel||02||11th – 13th January, 2023|
|15||Role of Artificial intelligence,Machinelearning & Data Science in Emerging Trends ofMechanical industries||Prof.R.V.Vichare||01||23rd – 30th January, 2023|
|16||Universal Human Value- II||Prof. Mrs..A. S. Mirashi||01||2nd – 6th August, 2022|
|17||3 days meeting of UHV volunteers||Prof. Mrs..A. S. Mirashi||01||20th – 22nd January, 2023|
|18||Vlab Out Reach workshop||Prof. Mrs..Ranjeeta Ghosh||01||7th October, 2022|
|19||Inculcating UniversalHuman Values in Technical Education||Prof.Mr.Rajeev Singh||01||4th – 8th September, 2022|
|Academic Year: 2021-2022|
|1||Inculcating Universal Human Values in Technical Education||Prof.Mr.Rajeev Singh||02||4-8th July,2022.|
|2||UHV-II Observer (Face to Face)||Prof.Mr.M.S.Kore||01||26th -30th July,2022.|
|3||1st Western Region (WR)Conference for UHV||Prof.Mrs.A.S.Wagh mareProf.Mrs.A.S.Mirash iProf.Dr.S.G.GatteProf.Mrs.V.S.Saman tProf.Mrs.R.Ghosh Prof.Mr.M.S.KoreProf.Mr.R.M.Panage||07||15-17thApril,2022.|
|4||UHV-II FDP (Face to face)||Prof.Mrs.A.S.Mirash iProf.Dr.S.G.Gatte Prof.Mrs.R.Ghosh Prof.Mr.M.S.Kore.||02||2-6th August,2022.|
|5||Universal Human Value Refresher-1 part-1||Prof.Mrs.R.Ghosh||5||31st Jan-4th Feb,2022|
|6||Leadership in teaching Excellence||Prof.Mrs.A.S.Mirash i||1||18th Nov,2021|
|7||Inculcating Universal Human Values in Technical Education||Prof.Mrs.A.S.W\agh mareProf.Mrs.V.S.Saman t||2||20-24thSept,2021 18-22th of Oct,2021|
|8||How to Conduct Students (SIP) Induction Program||Prof.Mrs.A.S.Mirash iProf.Dr.S.G.GatteProf.Mrs.V.S.Saman tProf.Mrs.R.Ghosh||4||21st Sept,2021|
|9||Structural Steel and Its Application||Prof.Mrs.V.S.Saman t||1||2nd Sept,2021|
|10||Teachers role in Implementation National Education Policy 2020||Prof.Mrs.A.S.Wagh mareProf.Mrs.A.S.Mirash iProf.Dr.S.G.GatteProf.Mrs.V.S.Saman tProf.Mrs.R.Ghosh||6||3-4th Sept,2021|
|*Events Organized /Conducted by PVG’sCOET|
|11||Virtual Labs Outreach Workshop||Prof.Mrs.A.S.W\agh mareProf.Mrs.R.Ghosh||2||24th Sept.,2021|
|13||Sustainathon||Prof.Mrs.A.S.Mirash i||1||3rd-15th Sept,2021|
|14||Coordinated for Compilation of Brochure for collegeDepartment and Placement Office||Prof.Dr.S.G.Gatte||1||1st -24th Sept.,2021|
|15||Higher Education in Bhartiya Languages for UnleashingUntapped Potential||Prof.Dr.S.G.Gatte||1||4 th Sept|
|Academic Year: 2020-2021|
|1||Effective Teaching Methodology in Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics||Prof. Mrs.V.S.Samant||01||30th June-1st July,2021|
|2||“Role of Education in Holistic Development||Prof. Mrs.A.S.Waghmar eProf. Mrs.S.V.JoshiProf. Mrs.S.G.GatteProf. Mrs.V.S.SamantProf. Mrs .R.Ghosh Prof. Mr .M.S.Kore||06||29th June, 2021|
|3||"Effective Online Teaching Learning Process For Outcome Based Education"||Prof. Mrs.A.S.MirashiProf. Mrs. R.Ghosh||02||26th June,2021|
|4||Ecosystem Restoration||Prof. Mrs. R.Ghosh||01||5th June,2021|
|5||All India Council For Technical Education||Prof. Mrs.S.G.Gatte||01||21-25thJune,2021|
|6||Interactive Teaching Learning Stratergies With Affective & Cognitive Approach ( ITLS)||Prof. Mrs.V.S.Samant||01||21-25thJune,2021|
|7||Inculcating Universal Human Values in Technical Education”||Prof. Mrs.S.G.GatteProf. Mr. M.S.Kore Prof. Mrs. R.Ghosh||02 01||21-25thJune,202126-30th Oct,2020|
|8||Emerging Technologies for Sustainable EnvironmentalManagement||Prof. Mr. M.S.Kore||01||31st May-4th June 2021|
|9||NBA Awareness||Prof. Mrs.S.G.Gatte||01||11-14th May,2021|
|10||Cyber Security||Prof. Mrs.A.S.Waghmar eProf. Mrs. R.Ghosh||02||18th May,2021|
|11||Central Teacher Eligibility Test||Prof. Mr.A.S.Sawant||01||29th May,2021|
|12||Sensors & Technology||Prof. Mr.A.S.Sawant||01||10-18thMarch,2021|
|13||“Innovative Teaching- Learning Methods”||Prof. Mrs.A.S.Waghmar e||01||7 – 12th Dec 2020|
|14||Emerging Applications ofGeographical Information System||Prof. Mrs.S.V.Joshi||01||30th Nov-5th Dec,2020|
|15||Frontiers of Chemistry||Prof. Mrs.A.S.Waghmar e||3-7th Nov.,2020|
|16||Future Perspective of Nanotechnology||Prof. Mrs.A.S.Waghmare||9-11th Nov.2020|
|17||Nanotechnology Science and Application||Prof. Mrs.S.G.Gatte||01||23-28th Nov,2020|
|18||NAAC Accreditation: A way towards quality education||Prof. Mr. M.S.Kore||01||2-7th Nov.2020|
|19||Coursera: Air Pollution-A Global Threat to Our Health||Prof..Mrs.A.S.Wag hmare||01||Completed on 19th Nov, 2020|
|20||Coursera: Chemicals and Health||Prof..Mrs.A.S.Wag hmare||01||Completed on 27th Nov, 2020|
|21||webinar on Solar Energy||Prof. Mrs.A.S.Mirashi||01||2nd Oct.,2020|
|22||Outcome Based Education||Prof. Mrs.A.S.Waghmar eProf. Mrs.S.V.Joshi||03||6-8th Oct,2020|
|23||Tools for Online Teaching Learning and Evaluation||Prof.Mrs.A.S.Waghmar e||01||1-6th July,2020|
|24||“VIRTUAL LABS: HANDS- ON WORKSHOP”||Prof. Mrs.A.S.Waghmar eProf. Mrs.R. Ghosh||02||18th July 2020|
|25||Coursera-Introduction toChemistry: Reactions and Ratios||Prof..Mrs.A.S.Wag hmare||01||Completed on 22th July, 2020|
|26||Scintillating Chemistry||Prof. Mrs.A.S.Waghmare||01||28th June,2020|
|27||Nano material||Prof Mrs..A.S.MirashiProf. Mrs. R.Ghosh||02||27th June,2020|
|28||Centaury of Quantum Mechanics still and still going strong||Prof. Mrs.A.S.MirashiProf. Mrs. R.Ghosh||02||15-17thJune,2020|
|29||Applications of Basic Physics and design and development of various types of sensors||Prof. Mrs.A.S.MirashiProf. Mrs. R.Ghosh||02||10th June,2020|
|30||Achieving our goal||Prof. Mrs. R.Ghosh Prof. Mrs.A.S.Mirashi||02||1st June,2020|
|31||Virtual Event of ”International Yoga Day”||Prof. Mrs. R.Ghosh||01||21st June,2020|
|32||Web Design and E- Documentational with Google||Prof. Mr.A.S.Sawant||01||29-30thJune,2020|
|33||Improving Teaching Learning Experience using Best Practices||Prof. Mr.A.S.Sawant||01||15-19thJune,2020|
|34||Estimation and Valuation||Prof. Mr.A.S.Sawant||01||24-25thJune,2020|
|35||Guidance to YoungGraduates For Preparation of NET/SET Examination||Prof. Mr.A.S.Sawant||01||12th June,2020|
|Academic Year: 2019-2020|
|1||Faculty Orientation Workshop on Engineering Chemistry||Prof..Mrs.A.S.Wag hmare & Dr. Mrs. S.G.Ghatte||02||29th July,2019|
|2||Attended a faculty orientation workshop for new syllabus organised by PCCOE, Ravet||Prof. Mrs.A.S.MirashiProf. Mrs R.Ghosh||02||31st July,2019|
|3||Workshop on Effective Teaching Methodology for Engineering Mechanics 2019||Prof. Mrs.S.V.Joshi||01||27th July,2019|
|4||Preparing for NBA Accreditation with a case study of course and Program Outcomes Attainment||Dr. Mrs. S.G.Gatte||01||28-30th May,2020|
|5||One day faculty Development Program on IOT||Dr. Mrs. S.G.Ghatte Prof. Mrs.A.S.Mirashi Prof. Mrs. R.Ghosh||03||8th Nov,2019|
|6||Physics of Material||Prof. Mrs.A.S.MirashiProf. Mrs. R.Ghosh||02||28-30th May,2020|
|7||Python 3.4.3||Prof. Mrs.V.S.Samant||01||25-30th May,2020|
|8||Designing andImplementation of OutcomeBased Education ( OBE) Model.||Prof. Mrs.V.S.Samant||01||7-8th July,2020|
|9||Soft Skills,IITBX||Prof. Mrs.V.S.Samant||01||15th July-15th Dec,2020|
|10||Career Edge: Knockdown the Lockdown :Soft Skills||Prof. Mrs.V.S.Samant||01||4-20th May,2020|
|11||Effective Online Teaching Learning Process forOutcome Based Education||Prof. Mrs.V.S.Samant||01||26th June,2020|
|12||Applications of Basic Physics and design and development of various types of sensors||Prof. Mrs.A.S.MirashiProf. Mrs. R.Ghosh||02||10th June2020|
|13||On Assessment of Prefinal Year Engineering Students||Prof. Mrs.V.S.Samant||01||13th June,2020|
|14||Career Prospects In Civil Engineering and Role ofB.A.I in Fostering Civil Engineers||Prof. Mrs.V.S.Samant||01||20th June,2020|
|15||Organised a workshop on“Calculating our own Carbon footprints” in PVG’s College of Scienceconducted by Dr. S.D. Kulkarni from S.P.College||Prof. Mrs.A.S.MirashiProf. Mrs. R.Ghosh||02||7th Jan,2020|
|16||National Education Policy- 2020 and It’s Impacts||Prof. Mrs.V.S.Samant||01||30th Dec,2020|
|17||Organised a Webinar on “Achieving our goals” during lockdown period||Prof. Mrs.A.S.MirashiProf. Mrs. R.Ghosh||02||1st June,2020|
|18||Coursera Course-Introduction to Engineering Mechanics||Prof. Mrs.V.S.Samant||01||21st May-28th June,2020|
|19||History Of Mathematics||Prof. Mr.A.S.Sawant||01||9th May , 2020|
|20||Coursera on-line certification course on “PlasticElectronics||Prof.Mrs. A.S.Waghmare||01||Certification on 18th May 2020|
|21||Coursera on-line certification course on “Organic SolarCells - Theory and Practice||Prof..Mrs.A.S.Wag hmare||01||Certification on 5th June 2020|
|Academic Year: 2018-2019|
|1||Workshop onNanostructured Materials in Catalysis||Prof.Mrs.A.S. WaghmareDr.Mrs. S. G.Ghatte||02||25th -29th March 2019|
|2||Coordinated for syllabus revision workshop .||Prof. Ms.T.K.Mudliyar||01||7th May,2019|
|3||Participated in syllabus revision workshop.||Prof. Mrs.A.S.Mirashi||01||7th May,2019|
|4||National Conference on “Urban Sustainability||Prof. Mrs.A.S.MirashiProf. Mrs. R.Ghosh||02||27th April,2019|
|Academic Year: 2017-2018|
|1||Research orientation Workshop||Prof.Mr.Rajeev Singh ProfMrs..A.S. Waghmare ProfMrs.A.S.Miras hi Dr.Mrs.S.G.Ghatte Prof.Mrs.R.Ghosh Prof. Ms. T.Mudliyar||06||5th April,2017|
|2||VLAB’s Development Program||Prof. Mrs. R.Ghosh||01||16-18thJuly2017|
|Academic Year: 2016-2017|
|1||Faculty Development program on Advances inEnergy Storage Devices||Prof.Mrs.A.S. Waghmare Dr.Mrs.S. G. Ghatte||02||28th Nov -2nd Dec 2016|
|2||State level workshop on rubber technology||Prof.Mrs.A.S. WaghmareDr.Mrs. S. G.Ghatte||02||7th- 8th Jan 2016|
Students’ Achievements: Ay 2020-21
- Sri Anish: FE (Printing-2021-22) got selected in Indian Team in Skate world championship at Argentina during 24th Oct to 13th Nov,2022.
- Reva Baglane :FE (Mechanical – 2021-22) Participated in Courses Organized by TCS, Georgia Institute Of Technology and UNICEF in domains such as Supply Chain Management and Logistics.
- Diya Shah : (Mechanical -2021-22) Secured First Position in Business Innovation Idea Organized by TESA, at PVG’s COET& GKPIM, Pune on 6th May 2022 .
- Anushkka Sunil Joshi:FE (E&TC- 2021-22) Secured Second Position in Quiz Competition on CyberSecurity,Oraganized by Department of BBA(CA) and Student Development Cell of Sarhad College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Pune.
- Arpan Shirshetty :FE (E&TC-2021-22) Secured First Position in Business Innovation Idea Organized by TESA at PVG’s COET & GKPIM, Pune on 6th May 2022.
- Aman Gupta : FE ( E & TC-2021-22) Completed the Internship Program at in as the Business Development & Research Inter during 6th Apri 2022 to 6th May 2022.
- Heramb Patil : FE ( E & TC -2021-22) Secured Second Position in Ideathon held by Google Developer Student Club at PVG’s COET & GKPIM during April 2022.
Students’ Achievements: Ay 2020-21
- Rohan Kishor Jadhav : FE (ENTE – 2020-21 ) Participated in Innovative Product Design Competition Organized by YCIS , Satara and Secured 2nd Prize .
- Rohan Kishor Jadhav : FE ( ENTE-2020-21) secured 7th rank in National level 2021 for Business idea competition organized by Octafx India.
- Aniket Guagual, Nisarg Kudgunti, Anushka Khuspe from First year Computer branch students secured First Place in Front End Development in HACKTHON 2021 organized by IIITPune.
- Vaishnavi Rahul Joshi from ETC ,2020-21 branch participated in National level competition Mimamsa 2021 by IISER Pune.
- Dheeraj Jadhav : FE ( IT -2020-21) Uploaded two Projects on GITHUB
- Chinmayee Gade : FE ( Computer – 2020-21) Published her own blog : SYNTAXPYTHON
- Wanave Chetan : FE (ENTS-B-2020-21) participated in Basics of Python Programming(IIT Kharagpur in Oct-Nov, 2020.
- Swaroop Bharaskar FE (Electrical-2020-21) participated in Computer vision bootcamp with Shape AI, from 21st to 28th in March 2021
- Swaroop Bharaskar FE (Electrical-2020-21) participated in C++ bootcamp with DSCPVGCOET from 18th to 24th
- Kamlesh Thombare : FE (Electrical-2020-21) participated in Python and Computer Vision Bootcamp by Shape AI on 14th March,2021.
- Kamlesh Thombare : FE (Electrical-2020-21) participated in Computer Vision Bootcamp by AWS Students Club – Charusat on 15th March,2021.
- Mahesh Mungase : FE (ETC-A-2020-21) Participated in Introduction to C++ Programming in April,2021.
- Mahesh Mungase : FE (ETC-A-2020-21) Participated in Planning a machine Learning Project on 27th April,2021.
- Mahesh Mungase : FE (ETC-A-2020-21) Participated in Advanced Cloud Formation Macros on 28th April,2021.
- Mayur Raghwani: FE ( IT-2020-21) Career Edge - Knockdown the Lockdown online course offered by TCS Ion FROM 27th April to 14th May 2020.
- Rohan Kishor Jadhav FE ( ENTC ) and Dheeraj Jadhav FE (IT ) 2020-21, 3 star coder at Code Chef Profile.in2020-21.
- Raghav Shrikant Tikotkar (FE MECH A) participated in district level chess competition in July 2018 and secured 4 th rank . After this , she played state level chess competition in Nashik
Students’ Achievements: Till 2019Green Initiatives :
- PVG’s COET participated in Kirloskar Vasundhara Green college Clean college competition this year and bagged third prize trophy.
- PVG’s College of Engineering & technology Pune, had participated in “Green College Clean College competition under 13thKirloskar Vasundhara International Film Festival conducted between 3rd January 2019 to 7thJanuary 2019.
- The college faculty and student team had prepared a video on green Initiatives taken in college on various issues like Wet & Dry Waste management, Energy Management, E-waste Management and cleanliness in College and Campus. The video was presented to Kirolskar Vasundhara Jury members for selection of PVG’s COET for the actual visit of Jury members to the campus.
- PVG’s COET was selected out of 40 participating colleges in Pune city for inspection of green initiatives by Jury members.
- Sumiran Dode from FE E &TC attend a workshop on vehicle Design.
- He also participated in National Conference on Cyber security SECCON v 1.0
- Arya Riswadkar represented Maharashtra in 70th Junior National Basketball champion ship and Khelo India Youth Games for which she received an acclaim from Maharashtra Government.
- Prathamesh Keole from FE IT participated in Table tennis tournament and won 1st position in ZEST’2020 organised by COEP
- Amruta Alset, Pratik Koratkar, Sahil Dhavale from FE E&TC, Shrutika Tathawade FE Mech I, Sairaj Shelar, FE Electrical from One soul dance group of PVG’s COET participated in Nritya Kriti Emblaze 2.0 organised by Kirloskar Insitute of Advanced Management studies and won 2nd
- They also won 2nd prize in Infinity’20 organised by NESS Wadia College of Commerce.
Guest Lectures Organized
Academic Year 2022-23
Japan Program for Study Go Work Japan was introduced by Mr.Prajwal Channagiri on 5/12/2022 for First Year Students in Auditorium with the help of college Language Coordinator Dr.Minakshi Atre.
Academic Year 2021-22
On 30th June 2022, gust lecture was organized for First Year Engineering students on the topic “ENGINEERING IS AWESOME”, by Mr.Raghvan Koli , author of Novel Series “ The Conqueror Of Destiny”, Public Speaker, Industrial HR Trainer as well as Leadership Consultant . Sir motivated the students for Basic observations lead to the inventions, how to kill Internet Addictions and Attitude: Read and Win.
Academic Year 2020-21
On 16th of July 2021, guest lecture by Mr.Bikash Ghosh ,Scientist F & Group Director ,HEMRL-DRDO,Joint Secretary ,Indian Society for Non-Destructive Testing (INST),was organized on “ Non-destructive Evaluation and Applications, A Bird’s eye view “ through Science Forum for all First Year engineering students.
Academic Year 2019-20
1. On 14th August 2019, guest lecture was organized under Kirloskar Vasundhara Eco Rangers (KVER) on “Restoration -Our Ramnadi ” by Mr. Vinod Bodhankar attended by all First Year Engineering students along with the faculty members.
2. On 14th August 2019, guest lecture was organized by Mrs .Hema Kulkarni on” Ice Breaker” for all First Year Engineering Students in Induction Program.
Academic Year 2018-19
On 07th January 2019, live demo lecture was organized by Mr. Sameer Joshi , Rudra Plastic on “Converting Plastic to Petroleum” attended by all engineering students and faculty members of the college.
Academic Year 2017-18
On 18th Novenber,2017 gust lecture was organized on “Harnessing the Mind Power” by Venkat Buddhiraju, Scientist at TRDDC
Academic Year 2015-16
Guest lecture on “Cyber security Awareness” by Dr. Kailas R. Patil, Professor, Cyber cell coordinator, VIIT, Pune on 03.08.15 attended by all Students and Faculties of the college.
Departmental Events Academic Year 2022-23
- Four faculties, Dr.S.G.Gatte , Prof.M.S.Kore, Prof.Mrs.A.S.Mirashi and Prof.Mrs.R.Ghosh participated in Face to Face 6days, Faculty Development Program ( FDP) ,organized by AICTE on Universal Human Value-2 at Pimpri Chinchwad College of Engineering from 2nd Aug .to 6th2022.
- Welcome Address for Newly admitted students were conducted on 7 th Nov.2022 (Joined after CAP Round 1 and 2 ) and on 14th of Nov.2022( Joined after CAP round 3 ).
- As per AICTE norms, Mandatory 15 days Student Induction Program ( SIP ) for First Year Students ,Academic Year 2022-23 were conducted from 7 th of Nov. to 29 th of Nov.2022.
- During SIP of 15 days for semester -1 of AY 2022-23, the activities and talks on various topics conducted, such as UHV, Unconditional Self Love by Miss Chitkala Mule , Management for Greener Future BY Dr. Seema Agrawal , How to make the Perfect First Impression by Professional Soft Skills Trainer Ms. Nupur Singh , Yoga Session by Professional Yoga Trainer Mrs.Kanchan Bhosle.
- Universal Human Values LEAD VOLUNTEERS Meeting Sponsored by AICTE and organized by PVG’s COET & G.K.Pate (Wani) Institute of Management, Pune, Maharashtra, India from 20th to 22nd January 2023 Under Valuation Cell by FE Department.
- Guest lectures were conducted on the topic “Memory Techniques “by Mr.Amarendra Chitale. Asia to Japan Program for Study Go Work Japan was introduced by Mr.Prajwal Channagiri on 5/12/2022 for First Year Students in Auditorium with the help of college Language Coordinator Dr.Minakshi Atre.
- Workshop on “Human Rights, Indian Judiciary and The Constitution of India” was conducted on 17th and 18th of Jan.2023 for First Year students by the University faculty Prof.Manoj Wagh in coordination with Prof.Mrs.V.S.Samant, students awarded with the Certificates.
- Panel Discussion and Deliberations on “ReInvent India” organized by First year Department in Association with Rotary Club for First Year Students, by panelists Mr.Madhusudan Adya (Director of Greenlight Technologies) and Dr.Ashish Karnavat (Economist and Guest Lecture) in coordination with Prof.Mrs.Padmaja Joshi.
- Industrial visit was organized for FE students at PMPML (Workshop) Swargate and PMPML Depot Katraj on 20/1/2023 from 9am to 3pm by the Subject Teachers.
- First Year Engineering Parent-Teacher Meet was conducted on 13th2023 followed by Parents interaction with Class-Teachers and subject Teachers. Class Teachers reported Parents the student’s attendance and Internal Assessment records. Meeting was concluded with Parents feedback and question answer session.
- Our departmental theme for Annual Social Gathering was “UNITY IN DIVERSITY”, we represent all the states of India with their traditional costumes and food dishes also conducted Technical and non-technical events on 13th of Feb.2023.
- During Annual Social Gathering our department also gives the opportunity to show the hidden talent of Art to artist to exhibits their articles from 15 to 17th of Feb.2023 to all PVG ‘s COET&GKPIM Students and Staff
- Also conducted Drawing, Rangoli, In campus Photography and Mehendi competition from 14 to 16th of Feb.2023.
Departmental Events Academic Year 2021-22
- Three Mock MHT-CET Test series was conducted on 25th of August 2021, 1st sept and 11th sept 2021 for Engineering aspiring
MOCK MHT-CET TEST SERIES
- National Level Essay competition on “Innovative Ideas based on Science and Technology “, for students aspiring engineering (Junior college and school students) was conducted during September 2021. Three best Essay from each category were rewarded with Cash
NATIONAL LEVEL ESSAY COMPETITION
- First Year Admission Promotion activity for AY 2021-22, Workshop on “Personality Grooming & Enhancing The Technical Skills “conducted on 19th Oct,2021 Session-I,by Vinod Bodhankar ,Founder Member Sagarmitra.Session-2 , by Mr.Mandar Waghmare , founder CEO, Newton’s Apple Security Solutions.
ADMISSION PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITY
- Resource Persons for “Virtual Lab Outreach Workshop “for the faculty of Polytechnic colleges organized by PVG’s COET & GKPIM in coordination with V Labs- IIT Bobmay on 24th ,2021 in Physics and Chemistry Subjects.
- Sustainathon event organized by TCS, writing Essay Competition on “Innovative ideas for Environment Protection”. During 3rd to 15th September
- First Year faculty Orientation Program on14th Dec., 2021 was addressed by Horn. Director R.G.Kaduskar and Principal Dr.M.R.Tarambale.. Academic guidelines were provided by Dean Academics Prof.M.P.Potadar and NBA introduction to First Year Faculty by Prof.M.P.Bhawalkar.
FACULTY ORINTATION PROGRAM
- “Saath Chal” Health Awareness activity organized by Sakal News Paper & Finolex, at Pulgate,Mahatma Gandhi Bus stop on 24th
- Outcome Based Education (OBE) Orientation for students and Faculty was addressed by Principal Dr.M.R.Tarambale ,NBA Coordinator (College) Dr.Mrs. U.S.Thakar, Electrical Department on 10th June,2022.
First Year Faculty and Students OBE Orientation
- NSS camp for students were conducted during 30th Dec2021 to 5th Jan2022, Manerwadi Village for which FE faculty Prof. Ms.Gouri Kulkarni , Prof.Ajeet Sawant , Prof. Rajdeep Mohite and Prof.Rohan Panage stayed at camp to supervise students.
- First Year Engineering Parent-Teacher Meet was conducted on 26th & 27th May 2022 followed by Parents interaction with Class-Teachers and subject Teachers. Class Teachers reported Parents the student’s attendance and Internal Assessment records. Meeting was concluded with Parents feedback and question answer
- On the occasion of science day 28th, Science Forum coordinators Prof.Mrs.A.S.Mirashi and Prof.Mrs.R.Ghosh organized video presentation competition on 11th March and Science Quiz on 12th March2022 winners awarded with certificates.
VIDEO PRESENTATION WINNERS
- SWS(Students Development Department ) of PVGCOET&GKPIM,under SPPU Students Welfare Scheme, Personality Development Skills coordinator Prof.A.S.Waghmare organized talks on following topics : “Organizational Time Management” on 14th March 2022 by Ms.Dhanashree Ghare ,counsellor and psychologist. and “ Common Communication Skills and Interview Questions “ by Ms.Manasi Chakravarty,B.B.C.English Trainer on16th March,2022 .
- 1st Western Region Conference for UHV Volunteers organized by AICTE held at PVG’s COET & GKPIM, Pune coordinated by First Year Engineering Department during 15th April to 17th April
1ST WESTERN REGION CONFERENCE
Academic Year 2020-21
- Conducted Foundation Session for FE & DSE students after first round Admission on 22nd, 25th, 26th & 27th Jan 2021. During these different talks were delivered by various faculties as.
- Excellent response from students was received for Foundation Quiz based on Physics & Chemistry conducted through Google quiz. Students were appreciated by Online Certification for their participation in
- As FE students were appearing first time for University Online End Sem examination, SPPU End Semester Examination orientation was organized and guided by Principal I/c M.R.Tarambale Sir and CEO Prof.M.R.Mahajan Sir on 28th April 2021.
SPPU End Semester Exam Orientation
- Orientation Program on- Study Go Work Japan 2021 organized by Dr. Minakshi Atre Coordinator Etc Department & coordinated by FE Department on June 19, 2021 to make students aware about importance of foreign languages for their
- The NDLI Club Council, the Apex Body of NDLI Club of all Institutes of the country, in collaboration with the PVG’s College of engineering, organized a Common Event titled Technical Quiz , for First year students Club Members, on Saturday, 10th July 2021 at 04:00 PM by Departmental Coordinator Mrs.S.G.Ghatte. Students were rewarded with digital NDLi certificate.
NDLI CLUB : Technical Quiz
- Under Mentor -Mentee interaction, Parent-Teacher Meet was arranged Groupwise on 19th & 20th July 2021. 300+ parents attended the meet and were made aware of being given the exposure of different academic & co-curricular activities to students during
- Skill Based Add-on courses , KLiC Digital Freelancing and KLiC English Communication and Soft Skills were conducted in collaboration with Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL) .On successful completion of the course, First Year students were rewarded online certification by
ACADEMIC YEAR 2019-20
- Gappa Gani Goshti - Amchya Aaji Aajoban shi : An interaction with the grandparents of an old aged home ” ShatayuBhavan” was organized by Science Forum- Eco Club of Applied Science & Mathematics Department on Thursday, 22.03.18 from 4.00 to 6.30 pm in 2017-18.
- PUC Camp under “Eco-club” of Science Forum was organised on Friday 16 th Feb.,2018
- Slogan Competition was organised by “eco-club” on Environment consciousness on 11th Oct.,2017.
AVERY DENNISON FOUNDATION INVENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM – AY-2016-17The InvEnt (Invention + Entrepreneurship) scholarship program is designed to recognize and reward Invention, Innovation, entrepreneurship and excellence in high achieving students studying in the fields of Science and Technology. The program is developed to inspire and encourage the spirit of invention within the students and help the students to meet their financial needs during their graduation course. The awardees are honored at an award ceremony and are offered series of discover and innovation workshops. PVG’s COET is one of the six colleges selected for the said program. The First year Engineering students from Mechanical Engineering and Printing Engineering are eligible to apply for this Scholarship program. Program is conducted and coordinated through the Applied Science and Mathematics Department under Science Forum.
|2016-17||Gaurav Gharate||$ 1300|
- Science based event “ILLUMINATI” was organized by Science Forum from 22-24 Sept 2015 which included activities Expressia(Debate) and Mind Bogglers(Science Quiz).
- “SCI-TECH MELA (Science exhibition) was held on17th March 2016 by Science Forum for FE Students
AVERY DENNISON FOUNDATION INVENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM: AY-2015-16The InvEnt (Invention + Entrepreneurship) scholarship program is designed to recognize and reward Invention, Innovation, entrepreneurship and excellence in high achieving students studying in the fields of Science and Technology. The program is developed to inspire and encourage the spirit of invention within the students and help the students to meet their financial needs during their graduation course. The awardees are honored at an award ceremony and are offered series of discover and innovation workshops. PVG’s COET is one of the six colleges selected for the said program. The First year Engineering students from Mechanical Engineering and Printing Engineering are eligible to apply for this Scholarship program. Program is conducted and coordinated through the Applied Science and Mathematics Department under Science Forum.
|2015-16||Shrawni Patankar Shreenidhi Vinze||$ 1300|
Science Forum: A platform to imbibe the importance of Basic Sciences and raise the Environmental awareness
FE InductionFE Student Induction Program (SIP) AY:2022-23, Sem II
FE Student Induction Program (SIP) AY: 2022-23,Sem I
FE Student Induction Program(SIP) AY: 2021-22,Sem-II
FE Student Induction Program(SIP) AY: 2021-22,Sem-I
FE Student Induction Program(SIP) AY: 2020-21,Sem-II
FE Student Induction Program(SIP) AY: 2020-21,Sem-I
FE Student Induction Program(SIP) AY: 2019-20, Sem-I & II
|Year||Overall Passing %|
|Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Academic Year||Student Name||Class||Marks (%)/CGPA|
|2022-2023||Toshniwal Nishikant||FE||9.84 (AI & DS)|
|Moghe Dyuti Umesh||FE||9.82 (Comp)|
|Moghe Chaitra Umesh||FE||9.73(Comp)|
|2021-2022||Vaishnavee Kiran Sanam||FE||9.73 (AI & DS)|
|Patil Pavan Raju||FE||9.59 ( IT )|
|Patil Suparshwa Shailendra||FE||9.59 (Comp)|
|2020-2021||Dhumal Siddhant Dharama||FE||9.93 (ETC-A)|
|Bhattad Archita Prasad||FE||9.91 (Comp)|
|Ekbote Harsh Santosh||FE||9,91 (IT)|
|2019-2020||Khanapurkar Disha Balkrishna||FE||9.82 (ETC-B)|
|Botkat Chaitrali Deepak||FE||9.45 ( IT)|
|Honap Aishwarya U||FE||9.41 ( IT)|
|2018-2019||Bodas Anaya Bhalchandra||FE||9.8 ( IT)|
|Joglekar Shardul Parag||FE||9.78 ( Mech-A)|
|Dandekar Suyash Anurag||FE||9.74 ( ETC-A)|
|FE Admission Cell Coordinator
||Faculty Name: Prof.Mrs.A.S.Waghmare
Contact Details: 020 24228258
||Faculty Name: Prof.Mrs.S.V.Joshi
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Details: 020 24228258
|CDC Member, Exam , Value
Education Cell coordinator & FENBA Coordinator
|Faculty Name: Prof.Mrs.S.G.Gatte
Email Id: email@example.com
Contact Details: 020 24228258
|NAAC-7 Cr. Coordinator ,NBA Cocurricular and Extra-Curricular
Coordinator, Eco-Soc Coordinator & FE.Mentor Coordinator
|Faculty Name: Prof.Mrs.A.S.Mirashi
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Details: 020 24228258
|Web-Site Dept.Coordinator & Women Grievances Coordinator
||Faculty Name: Prof.Mrs.V.S.Samant
Contact Details: 0202 24228258
|Anti ragging, Lab Coordinator College Coordinator, Feedback Analysis Coordinator.
||Faculty Name: Prof.Mrs.R.Ghosh
Email Id: email@example.com
Contact Details: 020 24228258
|Psychologist, Admission Canceller UHV Volunteer & FE Time Table Coordinator
||Faculty Name: Prof.M.S.Kore
Contact Details: 020 24228258
|FE Time Table Coordinator
||Faculty Name: Prof.S.S.Patil
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Details: 020 24228258
Faculty Publications:AY 2020-21
|Name of the author/s||Title of Paper||Journal Title / Conference||Year of publication||ISBN / ISSN number|
|Ganesh dinde & G.S.Dhende||Study of machining parameters for wet turning of F55 stainless steel using grey relational analysis for improvement in surface roughness||Optimization methods in engineering||2021||2522-5030|
|Ganesh dinde & G.S.Dhende||Optimization parameters for wet turning of super duplex stainless steel UNS S32760 adopting Taguchi methodology||Optimization methods in engineering||2021||2522-5030|
|Ganesh dinde & G.S.Dhende||Multi response optimization of process parameters during wet turning of super duplex stainless steel UNS S32760 using Taguchi grey relational analysis||Optimization methods in engineering||2021||2522-5030|
Reviewer/JudgesAcademic Year 2017-18
- Invited as.a judge in Marathwadw Mitramandal College Of Engineering , Pune for a technical event ‘ Udaan 2k18’ for assessing poster and Model competition entries on 18th