Virtual Labs Regional Centre (Pune) RCID_01
Virtual Labs - IIT Bombay
Introduction to Virtual Labs:Virtual Labs is an initiative of Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India, under the National Mission on Education through ICT. VLabs is a huge milestone activity of the Regional Centre that is followed as one of the best practices in interactive teaching-learning and e-content development.
Objectives of Virtual Labs:To provide a complete Learning Management System around the Virtual Labs where the students can perform laboratory experiments online in an interactive and engaging manner on a simulator, and seek an improved insight of the fundamentals through simulations, animated demonstrations, lab manual and self-evaluation-pre-test and post-test type of formative assessment.
Regional Centre (RCID_01):PVG’s COET & GKPIM, Pune is the ‘1st Regional Centre in the Country’ affiliated to Virtual Labs-IIT Bombay.
Approvals as Regional (RCID_01) & Nodal Centre (VLNC_20) from IIT Bombay:
- Jan 2021 to Dec 2021 (RNC)
- Jan 2020 to Dec 2020 (RNC)
- Jan 2019 to Dec 2019 (RNC)
- Jan 2018 to Dec 2018 (RNC)
- Jan 2017 to Dec 2017 (RNC)
- Jan 2016 to Dec 2016 (NC)
- Feb 2015 to Dec 2015 (NC)
Note:Regional Nodal Centre_RNC & Nodal Centre_NC
PVG’s COET Virtual Labs Regional Centre –West Zone Maharashtra (Except Mumbai & Aurangabad): RCID-01The Regional Centre mentors around 55+ Nodal centres established in Pune, Nashik, Solapur, Kolhapur, Baramati, Satara, Sangli, Yawatmal, Amravati region in Maharashtra. The Centre has continued its contribution in the development of virtual labs in close coordination with IIT Bombay at institutes in various state universities in India viz. Savitribai Phule Pune University in Maharashtra, Maharaja Sayajirao University_ Vadodara Gujarat, Marwadi University_Rajkot, Gujarat University, MIT_Aurangabad in Maharashtra and Rajkiya Engineering College_Banda in Uttar Pradesh.
- First private unaided Institute in developing virtual labs in the country under the mentorship of IIT Bombay VLabs team.
- First Students Club in Virtual Lab Community- VLabs Digitizers Forum established in 2016.
- First Regional Centre in the country, declared as the Best Performing Shining Nodal Centre in ‘ABHASI’ MHRD VLab Newsletter 2018 & 2019 for excellent rollout and new lab development. https://www.vlab.co.in/
- Significant benchmarking contribution by students and faculty in development of 13 virtual labs with 111 + virtual experiments hosted on IIT Bombay for a National and International visibility VLABS-DEV
- Students & Faculty developers from the Regional Centre mentor the students and faculty pan India for the development of virtual labs in the Community model VLabsDev-a platform provided by VLabs-IIT Bombay.
- Trained 13000 + student and faculty users with hands-on around ONE LAKH + experiments since 2015 and mentors around 55 + Institutes in Maharashtra.
- PLATINUM Certification: Four (4) students from Second year with one Faculty from E & TC Engg. Department and one student (1) from Mechanical, received platinum certification during the REC, Banda Bootathon (Uttar Pradesh) for their virtual lab on Digital logic design using gates in Nov 2020.
- Regional Centre Benchmarking Contributions in coordination with VLabs IIT Bombay during the Covid-19 pandemic lockdown:
- Virtual Labs- Webinar for Faculty of Abdul Kalam Technological University, Uttar Pradesh in May 2020.
- KTL Bootathon during April & May 2020 for students & faculty.
- Virtual Labs Outreach Workshop for Faculty from 5 Nodal Centres in the region in June 2020.
- Historical Massive rollout of virtual Labs at Savitribai Phule Pune University in the month of July 2020. Virtual Labs Outreach Workshop for Faculty from all disciplines of Engineering & Technology & Faculty of Science was conducted by the Regional Centre. Hon. Vice Chancellor, Dr Nitin Karmalkar, Hon. Dean Faculty of Science & Technology, Dr Manohar Chaskar, Hon. Dr Santosh Noronha, Principal Investigator, Virtual Labs, IIT Bombay, Hon. Chairman, Board of Studies (E& TC), Hon. Director PVG’s COET, Prof R G Kaduskar, Shri Pushpdeep Mishra, Project Manager & Principals’ & HOD’s of STEM colleges graced the function.
- Virtual Labs Nodal Coordinators Workshop for all 240 IIT Bombay affiliated Nodal Centres pan India (J & K, Jharkand, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa etc) was conducted in August 2020.
- Two days National Workshop on ‘Introduction to Web Development, in coordination with VlabsDev-IIT Bombay on 17th & 18th July 2021. Massive participation of @ 3500 students and faculties from India. The asset of the workshop lies in the hosting of the National event by first year students of the Digitizer’s forum at the Regional Centre of PVG’s COET & GKPIM.
- “Virtual Labs Outreach Workshop” for the faculty of all Disciplines of Polytechnic Institutes, in Coordination with Virtual Labs - Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, MIT Regional Center (Marathwada), D Y Patil Regional Center (Navi Mumbai), MSU Regional Centre (Baroda), VIT Nodal Center (Mumbai) & AISSMS Polytechnic Nodal Center. Participation of around 352 faculties of Various Polytechnic institutes from Maharashtra, Gujarat and Tamilnadu.
PUBLICATIONS:Virtual Labs developed by PVG’s COET are published for community use after rigorous review from VLabs IIT Bombay team on the VLabsDev
also available at MHRD portal
|Electronics and Communication||Digital Applications|
|Digital Logic Design|
|Digital Logic Design using Gates|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Introduction to PHP|
|Paper Engineering||Material Testing|
|Mechanical Engineering||Analysis and Synthesis of Mechanisms|
|Strength of Materials|
Best Practices of Virtual Labs Centre:
- Planner from each department through Department coordinators.
- Semester Planner published onoutreach portal at http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/vlabs-dev/
- In-house and Outreach Workshop uploaded onoutreach portal at Virtual Labs
- Time Table for In-House workshops.
- Orientation to all FE students by Coordinators.
- Orientation to all students from SE to BE by subject teachers.
- Hands-on session for FE to BE students.
- Submit feedback on the outreach portal of IIT Bombay http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/outreachportal/
- Upload in-house reports on the outreach portal http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/outreachportal/
- Offer Audit Course on Virtual Lab Development for students.
- Enroll new students in the Students’ VLabs Digitizers Forum through interviews by senior students.
- Encourage peer learning through Training by senior developers to junior students on Virtual Lab Development. Senior students train the juniors on various FOSS tools for development of VLabs and build projects.
- Content Creation and updating for training activities.
- Students and faculty participate in Student Training Programs (STPs), Faculty development Programs (FDPs), pilot workshops, Boot camps, Bootathons held at National Level.
- Students create new virtual labs under the mentorship of faculty in a community model that encourages multidisciplinary peer learning.
- Seek review and do improvisation in the new labs created by the students and faculty as per the guidelines from IIT Bombay Virtual labs review team.
- International and National visibility to new labs hosted on http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/vlabs-dev/ and https://www.pvgcoet.ac.in/
- Utilize the new labs for lab work during the semesters.
- Update the labs as per IIT Bombay guidelines.
- OUTREACH workshops planned, published and conducted in every semester for VLabs ROLLOUT.
- Provide technical support to all other nodal centres.
- Help other colleges in Maharashtra region to become Nodal Centres in a methodical way for popularizing VLabs.
- Submit monthly and annual reports on the outreach portal http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/outreachportal/
- Address the queries from the Nodal centres and work as an interface between IIT Bombay and the Nodal centres.
- Work closely with the IIT Bombay team in the community development model for Virtual Labs in designing and devising process, methods, pedagogy and storyboard for new content development.
- Student developers from digitizer’s forum are invited as mentor-trainers for the STPs/Bootcamps and Bootathons held in the country.
- Faculty developers are invited as guest speakers, mentors and reviewers for the outreach workshops/FDPs/Bootcamps and Bootathons held in the country.
- In house meetings every semester.
- Hold Annual regional meetings with the IIT Bombay team for all nodal centres in the region.
- Students seek internships and real-life project offers from VLabsDev of IIT Bombay.
- Skill sets learnt by students during the process, make the students better practicing engineers and more employable.
- Students and faculty build a virtual lab development community in close association with IIT Bombay.
Special Efforts during COVID -19 Lockdown:1. During the lockdown period of COVID-19, students continued to perform their laboratory experiments from home on the virtual labs platform. Around 1001 users from first year to final year performed 6563 online experiments for various subjects in their curriculum.
2. The developer students of the Digitizer’s student forum and the developer faculty offered training and mentoring to students and faculty from various institutes from Maharashtra, Gujarat, Kanpur, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh in the KnockDownTheLockdown (KTL) Bootathon during April- June 2020 hosted by IIT Bombay Virtual Labs team.
3.Five new Nodal Centres are established in Pune, Baramati and Satara regions during lockdown.
4.State Level Webinars to popularize Virtual Labs in Uttar Pradesh.
5.Establishment of around 25 new Nodal Centers in Maharashtra. Encourages and supports 54 + Nodal Centers in Maharashtra region to take virtual labs to the grass root level of the community through online Outreach Workshops and hands-on sessions.
Virtual Labs Nodal Centre Structure
Virtual Labs Regional Centre Structurehttp://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/vlabs-dev/
PVG’s COET Regional Centre: RCID_01Institutes interested to be a Nodal center for Virtual Labs with IIT Bombay can reach the Regional Team.
Regional Coordinator: Prof. Tanuja Sachin Khatavkar - E & TC Dept.
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Prof. Mrs. M. R. Apsangi - IT Dept
Regional Tech. Coordinator: Prof. Mrs. U.M.Kalshetti – Computer
PVG’s COET Virtual Labs Nodal Centre: VLNC_20Existing Nodal Centers can reach the Nodal Centre team for their queries.
Nodal Coordinator:Prof Mrs. P. R. Khatri – Electrical
Nodal Tech. Coordinator: Prof. Mrs. K.S.Balbudhe – IT
Virtual Lab Department Coordinators:Prof Mrs. P. R. Khatri – Electrical
Prof. A.R.Mahajan- Printing
Prof. Mrs. K.S.Balbudhe – IT
Prof. Mr. A.G.Sawant– Comp
Prof. Mrs. S.K.Bavkar- E & TC
Prof. Mrs. P. S. Deshpande-E & TC
Prof. S. A. Yevale- Mechanical
Prof. P. P. Bhide- Mechanical
Prof. Mrs. R. Ghosh –Applied Science
Prof.Mrs.A.S.Mirashi –Applied Science
Virtual Labs Regional Centre (Pune) RCID_01
Virtual Labs - IIT Bombay
VLabs Digitizer’s Forum:Developers Club @PVGCOET: VLABS-DEV
Outcome: Majority of our students of Virtual Labs Digitizer's Forum have acquired the skill of coding and creating e-learning content for the education community. These trainers are certified by VLabs-IIT Bombay. students are well equipped to work as Virtual Lab Developers; Junior & Senior Mentors & Trainers to train other students pan India in various workshops, Bootcamps & Bootathon’s in coordination with VLabsDev team of IIT Bombay.
- Thirteen (13) virtual labs have been developed by students of Digitizers forum with the Developer Faculty.
- In all, 55+ students are recognized as virtual lab developers/ contributors by VLabsDev -IIT Bombay.
- During lockdown, 24 students have successfully participated in KTL1 and KTL2 bootathons in the development of new virtual experiments.
- Two (2) teams participated in the 2nd National Bootcamp at Gujarat University and 1 team participated in the 3rd National Bootcamp at MIT Aurangabad. All three (3) teams submitted their virtual labs to IIT Bombay for review and labs are now hosted on http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/vlabs-dev/
- Students have achieved certification from IIT Bombay- Spoken Tutorials in the following fields - C/C++, Python, Django, PHP, MySQL Arduino, HTML.
- Students have received funded projects from IEEE and other academic institutions.
- Students have developed and hosted android apps on the Google Play Store.
- Students are working on real-life practical projects.
- Highest package of the Academic Year 2019-20 (till date) has been offered to a student of the forum.
- Student Members: 150
- Faculty Coordinators: 11
Virtual Labs Internships:
|Year||No of Students||Duration||Remark|
|2018-19||6||June-September 2018||Development of Vlabs -Dev Portal|
Contribution of students in Bootathons:
|Name of the Program||No of Senior Trainers Certified by Vlabs-IIT Bombay||No of Junior Trainers Certified by Vlabs-IIT Bombay|
|BOOTATHON (Bootcamp and Hackathon) KnockdownTheLockdown-1 April 2020||11||8|
|BOOTATHON (Bootcamp and Hackathon) KnockdownTheLockdown-2 May 2020||14||24|
Contribution of students in Workshops/ Bootcamps:
|Name of the program||No of student mentors||No of student participant (From PVG)|
|Pilot Workshops at PVGCOET, Pune, Thane & MSU Baroda||-||1 team|
|1st National Bootcamp at Marwadi university, Rajkot_Gujarat (February 2018)||3 (session on mind maps)||-|
|2nd National Bootcamp at Ahmedabad, Gujarat (January 2019)||1||2 teams|
|3rd National Bootcamp at MIT Aurangabad (February 2019)||2||2 team|
|1st National Bootathon at REC, Banda, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (September 2019)||2||1 team|
Development Workshop’:First Year students from VLabs Digitizer's Forum delivered the Web Development training to 3451 participants from various states in India. The event was organized by VLabs Digitizer’s Forum at the Regional Centre (Pune) in coordination with VLabsDev-IIT Bombay.
Vlabs Development Training:
- Technologies used: HTML, CSS and JS, PHP or Django, Python, Android, Java, MySQL and TypeScript.
- Recognised as a co-curricular Audit Course under Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- Student-Centric Peer Learning: Training given by the students for the students.
- Virtual Labs Regional Report 2017-18
- Virtual Labs Regional Report 2018-19
- Virtual Labs Regional Report 2019-20
- Virtual Labs Regional Report 2020-21
- Virtual Labs Regional Report 2021-22
- Virtual Labs Regional Report 2022-23
- VLabs Digitizers Students Felicitation Program
- Development of MOOCs & Virtual Labs
- Academic Year 2018-19(SEM I)
- Academic Year 2018-19(SEM II)
- Academic Year 2019-20(SEM I)
- Academic Year 2019-20(SEM II)
- Academic Year 2020-21(SEM I)
- Academic Year 2020-21(SEM II)
- Academic Year 2021-22 (SEM-I)
- Academic Year 2021-22(SEM II)
- Academic Year 2022-2023(SEM I)
- Academic Year 2022-2023(SEM II)
- Academic Year 2015-2018