PVG’s COET Regional Centre_NCID_01 IIT Bombay-Virtual Labs
PVG’s College of Engineering & Technology is the ‘1st Regional Centre in the country’ affiliated to IIT Bombay Virtual Labs.
Virtual Labs is an initiative of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) under the National Mission on Education through ICT (NMEICT). VLabs is a milestone activity of the Institute that is followed as one of the best practices in teaching-learning.
Objectives of Virtual Labs:
To provide a complete Learning Management System around the Virtual Labs where the students can perform laboratory experiments online in an interactive and engaging manner on a simulator, and seek an improved insight of the fundamentals through simulations, animated demonstrations, lab manual and self-evaluation pretest and posttest.
Approvals as Regional (RCID_01) & Nodal Centre (VLNC_20) from IIT Bombay:
- Jan 2020 to Dec 2020
- Jan 2019 to Dec 2019
- Jan 2018 to Dec 2019
- Jan 2017 to Dec 2017
- Jan 2016 to Dec 2016 (NC)
- Feb 2015 to Dec 2015 (NC)
PVG’s COET Virtual Labs Regional Centre –West Zone Maharashtra (Except Mumbai & Aurangabad): RCID-01
The Regional Centre mentors around 30 Nodal centres established in Pune, Nashik, Solapur, Kolhapur, Baramati, Satara, Sangli, Yawatmal, Amravati region in Maharashtra.
The centre has continued its contribution in the development of virtual labs in close association with IIT Bombay in various state universities in India viz. Savitribai Phule Pune University in Maharshtra, Maharaja Sayajirao University_ Vadodara Gujarat, Marwadi University_Rajkot, Gujarat University, MIT_Aurangabad in Maharashtra and Rajkiya Engineering College_Banda in Uttar Pradesh.
- First private unaided Institute in developing virtual labs in the country under the mentorship of IIT Bombay VLabs team.
- First Students Club in Virtual Lab Community-Digitizers Club.
- First Regional Centre in the country, declared as the Best Performing Shining Nodal Centre in ‘ABHASI’ MHRD VLab newsletter 2018 & 2019 for excellent rollout and new lab development.
- Significant benchmarking contribution by students and faculty in development of 13 virtual labs with 111 + virtual experiments hosted on IIT Bombay for a National and International visibility VLABS-DEV
- Students & Faculty developers mentoring with the IIT Bombay team in the Community model-of virtual lab development pan India.
- Trained 13000 + student and faculty users with hands-on around ONE LAKH + experiments since 2015 and mentors around 30 Institutes in Maharashtra.
- PLATINUM Certification: Four (4) students from Second year with one Faculty from E & TC Engg. Department and one student (1) from Mechanical, received platinum certification during the REC, Banda Bootathon (Uttar Pradesh) for their virtual lab on Digital logic design using gates in Nov 2020.
Virtual Labs developed by PVG’s COET and hosted on IIT Bombay virtual lab portal:
|Electronics and Communication||Digital Applications|
|Digital Logic Design|
|Digital Logic Design using Gates|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Introduction to PHP|
|Paper Engineering||Material Testing|
|Mechanical Engineering||Analysis and Synthesis of Mechanisms|
|Strength of Materials|
Student Achievements: Vlabs Developers Club @PVGCOET: VLABS-DEV
- Six (6) students from PVG successfully completed their internship at IITB and contributed to the development of the VLABS-DEV portal which is used nation-wide. (June-September 2018).
- Eleven (11) students from PVG contributed to the Vlabs-Outreach portal. (September-October 2018).
- Three (3) students delivered a session on mind-maps to participants of the 1st National Virtual lab Bootcamp at Maradi university, Rajkot_Gujarat (February 2018).
- One (1) student was invited as mentor / speaker for the 2nd National Bootcamp at Ahmedabad, Gujarat (January 2019).
- Two (2) students were invited as mentors/speakers for the 3rd National Bootcamp at MIT Aurangabad (February 2019).
- Two (2) students were invited as mentors / speakers for the 1st National Bootathon at REC, Banda, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (September 2019).
- Eight (8) virtual labs have been developed by students with the faculty.
- In all, 35 + students are recognized as virtual lab developers or contributors by IITB.
- Two (2) teams participated in the 2nd National Bootcamp at Gujarat University and 1 team participated in the 3rd National Bootcamp at MIT Aurangabad. All three (3) teams submitted their virtual labs to IITB for review and labs are now hosted on http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/vlabs-dev/
- Students have achieved certification from IITB Spoken Tutorials in the following fields – C/C++, Python, Django, PHP, MySQL Arduino, HTML.
- Students have received funded projects from IEEE and other academic institutions.
- Students have developed and hosted android apps on the Google Play Store.
- Students are working on real-life practical projects.
- Highest package of the Academic Year 2019-20 (till date) has been offered to a student of the forum.
Student Club: VLabs Digitizers Forum
Student Members: 148
Faculty Coordinators: 14
Vlabs Development Training
- Technologies used: HTML, CSS and JS, PHP or Django, Python, Android, Java and TypeScript.
- Recognised as a co-curricular Audit Course under Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- Student-Centric Peer Learning: Training given by the students for the students.
- Open to all Disciplines of Engineering and Science departments.
Best Practices of Virtual Labs Centre:
- Planner from each department through Department coordinators.
- Semester Planner published on outreach portal at http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/vlab/
- In-house and Outreach Workshop uploaded on outreach portal at Virtual Labs
- Time Table for In-House workshops.
- Orientation to all FE students by Coordinators.
- Orientation to all students from SE to BE by subject teachers.
- Hands-on session for FE to BE students.
- Submit feedback on the outreach portal of IIT Bombay http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/outreachportal/
- Upload in-house reports on the outreach portal http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/outreachportal/
- Offer Audit Course on Virtual Lab Development for students.
- Enroll new students in the Students’ VLabs Digitizers Forum through interviews by senior students.
- Encourage peer learning through Training by senior developers to junior students on Virtual Lab Development. Senior students train the juniors on various FOSS tools for development of VLabs and build projects.
- Content Creation and updating for training activities.
- Students and faculty participate in Student Training Programs (STPs), Faculty development Programs (FDPs), pilot workshops, Boot camps, Bootathons held at National Level.
- Students create new virtual labs under the mentorship of faculty in a community model that encourages multidisciplinary peer learning.
- Seek review and do improvisation in the new labs created by the students and faculty as per the guidelines from IIT Bombay Virtual labs review team.
- International and National visibility to new labs hosted on http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/vlabs-dev/ and https://www.pvgcoet.ac.in/
- Utilize the new labs for lab work during the semesters.
- Update the labs as per IIT Bombay guidelines.
- OUTREACH workshops planned, published and conducted in every semester for VLabs ROLLOUT.
- Provide technical support to all other nodal centres.
- Help other colleges in Maharashtra region to become Nodal Centres in a methodical way for popularizing VLabs.
- Submit monthly and annual reports on the outreach portal http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/outreachportal/
- Address the queries from the Nodal centres and work as an interface between IIT Bombay and the Nodal centres.
- Work closely with the IIT Bombay team in the community development model for Virtual Labs in designing and devising process, methods, pedagogy and storyboard for new content development.
- Student developers from digitizer’s forum are invited as mentor-trainers for the STPs/Bootcamps and Bootathons held in the country.
- Faculty developers are invited as guest speakers, mentors and reviewers for the outreach workshops/FDPs/Bootcamps and Bootathons held in the country.
- In house meetings every semester.
- Hold Annual regional meetings with the IIT Bombay team for all nodal centres in the region.
- Students seek internships and real-life project offers from VLabsDev of IIT Bombay.
- Skill sets learnt by students during the process, make the students better practicing engineers and more employable.
- Students and faculty build a virtual lab development community in close association with IIT Bombay.
Special Efforts during COVID -19 Lockdown:
Virtual Labs Nodal Centre Structure
Virtual Labs Regional Centre Structure
Contact us: PVG’s COET Regional Centre: RCID_01
Institutes interested to be a Nodal center for Virtual Labs with IIT Bombay can reach the Regional Team.
Regional Coordinator: Prof. Mrs. T. S. Khatavkar – E & TC Dept.
Regional Tech. Coordinator: Prof M. C. Nagoshe- Mechanical Dept.
PVG’s COET Virtual Labs Nodal Centre: NC20
Existing Nodal centres can reach the Nodal Centre team for their queries.
Nodal Coordinator: Prof. Mrs. M. R. Apsangi – IT Dept.
Nodal Tech. Coordinator: Prof. Mrs. U.M.Kalshetti – Computer
Virtual Lab Department Coordinators:
Prof Mrs. P. R. Khatri – Electrical
Prof. A.R.Mahajan- Printing
Prof. Mrs. K.S.Balbudhe – IT
Prof Mr. A.G.Dongare– Comp
Prof Mrs. R. Ghosh – Applied Science
Prof.A. S. Mirashi – Applied Science
Prof Mrs. P. S. Deshpande-E & TC
Prof .Mrs. S.K.Bavkar- E & TC
online sessions during virtual labs:Hands on workshop